Baby

Mommy and daddy pray and hope,
happy to tell of their little girl.

Of her first day in kindergarten,
then quickly of her teen years and first crush;
eyes gleaming at the thought.

Joy thinking of her first dance;
to the prom with Lance.
He's lucky to have such pretty lass.

Such a gentleman, or so they thought,
as they picked up their baby from another stop.

I cried - ashamed of what I did;
"Thought he'd love me, it's what he said".

"My parents' baby I am no more..."
"I should have died, not the baby I adore".

God forgive me, he forced my hand...
Threats to tell my mom and dad.

May He give me the will to live,
perhaps someday I will deserve the love I give.

Until then, I'll barely get by,
seeing my baby in every child's eyes.

ELPH© December 4, 2011

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Void

Listen

Jin