Glamour

The walk down park row is a show of elegance and posh.

Expected it comes to be: I walk with she of supple skin and fragrance.
Those that envy at such glamour know not its' cage; its' prison

How I fake love for those fans that watch,
that have not a thought of the truest love of my heart.

She, I see, just an unknown pauper; cracked lips and tart;
she sees not my gaze, nor even my heart.

It pains to keep secret how to my eyes she makes shines,
brighter than my Hollywood star and wishing she were mine.

She knows of me but knows not me:
a pompous rich boy is all she sees.

My riches buy all but not her gape;
so give it all for just one kiss, now a pauper to I will make.

ELPH© May 7, 2011

Comments

  1. Truly a man without love is a poor man indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, he has love, but neither woman in his life has love for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, he has it all, except the love of the woman that he desires.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly! He neither has the love of his trophy wife nor of the woman he truly loves; all due to their positions in society and the expectations that go along with those positions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Void

Listen

Jin