Time

Just another day...
Waking up, no desire to stay;
tears where my head lays

Waking from that somber pad
Cry so hard; Am I mad?
All these days, oh so sad

Men don’t cry or fright,
they show only might?!
But present is a solace felt at your sight

Dead I’ve been since my birth,
an empty shell, awaiting dirt
I see my soul now has no girth;

Pure was I, but I no more
Old my soul; but in my core?
A bit of I still stored

Perhaps one day; I learn and live,
with no love; just some to give;
give enough to stop the sieve

They leave me in my state adverse,
abandoned not in better but worse.
Is that love or a thing gone perverse?

Await my day to meet my God
No more sitting on my tod
Perhaps with His grace comes a nod?

ELPH© February 23, 2011

Comments

  1. I think a lot of people can relate to this kind of pain. You are gifted in the way you can express it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Void

Listen

Jin