Wantings – the hands of Heaven

Wantings wander my path;
Ever coming, ever going

Content and bliss to see that first face
I run the halls of my inner sanctum, finding perfect grace
Is this more, is it God? Is it love?
No, perhaps a perfect union within my grasp
Soon a disillusion as she passed

Clock winds, another strolls
Another joy, another hope, yet another toll

Time flies, as another gives her gaze;
This surely must be the last to pass
Wrongly thought, as she walked
Out the gate, into that life Maze

They come and go, none to stay;
Hope all but vanishes, but perhaps I need more sass?

Another wanting, another gaze;
Faint smile, sad eyes, a lip I slightly bit
Almost nothing of that former bliss;
Yet another to brush off my kiss

My heart wanders and hopes no more;
To find the tried and true to be by my side
Gone are hopes of youth’s glow
A life gone by, the end in sight

Have some faith, a glimmer of hope
So say the elders that know more life
I whisper the count of days still abound
Now a wish for others, not the self;
Of great bliss and love for themselves

Now weathered and frail;
Holding to nothing, All is stale
Oh so long has it been, that love; that bliss
Was my next light, my next kiss

Good night fair ones; what did I miss?
Not a single thought of it, just a whence
My final day, and goodbye
Now off to heaven and a new bliss
I awake and ask; where is love, am I blessed?
Sorry, you did not and were not loved;
Off to hell for lack of faith;
Into the maze you might have stayed
Had you then, then heaven now,
But start all over you soulless hound

Faith is not for the old and wise
But for the young and blind

ELPH© February 10, 2011

Comments

  1. does this mean when you get old, you shouldn't hope anymore? As long as there is life, there is hope..as long as there is hope, there is love. Faith is what makes all these things possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anonymous,

    It can really be anything you interpret it to be. It is ultimately about a man that does not find the love of his life during his life and, after dying and visiting heaven, is sent back to Earth to relive life with faith. The irony is that his happiness relied on the faith he should have had early in life, but faith is something that is sometimes learned through years of tribulation - as is in his case. And, faith from a very young age is usually a gift from heaven.

    Another little twist is that it was heaven all along that did not give him that faith early in life and thus he suffered a life time of loneliness. I sort of combined either reincarnation or resurrection when it came to him being kicked out of heaven and back to Earth to relive life, with faith this time, hopefully.

    -Edgar

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem is really sad... Does it have to be with things that happened to you recently? Have you never ever felt loved? Do you think someone loves/loved you ever?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been attracted to deep stories, and it just so happens that most are typically tragedies. Anything I write has a small part of me. After all, it's coming out of my imagination. But, I also have a great imagination for things that have nothing at all to do with me. So, you'll just have to guess.

    I think love has many phases, but the one constant is dedication to sticking out the tough times. It reminds me of the poem "Footprints in the Sand", where God carries you during your toughest times rather than leave you alone - because He loves you. Romantic love is similar in that you always stand by a person's side and they by yours - especially in tough times - and the first to not do that is the one that truly does not love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is though times for you? You know, sometimes the one who leaves or take some time apart is not the one who loves less, maybe they have to so they save the relationship or sometimes to save their lives; maybe they love the other so much they don't want to hate them. How can someone stand by someone else when they don't treat you right, when they cheat on you, when they hit you, when they don't honor their promises? It doesn't matter how much you love someone, you have to love yourself too; if you don't love yourself, the others won't ever love you. If you don't demmand, you won't get anything at all. Love is not just about give and give, it has to be reciprocal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anonymous,

    It is easy to say one loves perfect people during good times. But, if they are by your side, day in and day out, through good and bad, then, over time, that shows love - they need not even say it.
    And, the day they leave your side is the day they no longer truly love since love is a choice.

    How many people say "I love you" often and do not mean it?

    With few extreme exceptions, leaving is not a selfless act and demands are not born from love but of insecurities and impatience, and they chose to stop loving - actions showing it be so.

    I'm not saying you're wrong, but just my thoughts.
    As far as this poem, please read the explanation I wrote in a previous comment. It's more about having faith.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that one's true character and their ability to love unconditionally shows it's self in times of strife. It is easy to say the words, but to show its meaning is another thing all together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Void

Listen

Jin