Life’s complexities

They start like snowflakes tumbling down a hillside.
As each moment fades into the past, it develops into a bigger,
more powerful, and out of control monster.

By the hillside, I looked up, afraid to be engulfed! Before I knew
what had happened I saw it melting away into
sweet vapors and nothingness. I asked why? What saved me?

I followed the sweet aromas 'til I found you nearby. It were as
though the sun only cast itself where you stood.

I noticed a soft radiance that came from your sun-kissed hair,
and your skin like a powdery white flower that glisten form
the morning dew.

As you stood in the suns' rays, I saw what I thought had been the
sky, but in fact was the blue of your eye’s' and there I saw your
soul carrying the suns' light, which had saved me from my ordeal.

ELPH© April 6, 1996

Comments

  1. You said they start like snowflakes, what did you mean? What is they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Edgar is talking about relationships and how they develop, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow flakes can be anything. I prefer them to represent the innocent beginnings of our life long search for romantic love, or simply love at the very least. This quest gets messier as we age; we sometimes lose sight of that simple quest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Void

Listen

Jin